Monday 19 December 2016

The Muse, the Messiah and the Madness

How you doing my girl,
How have you been?
The work, the weather 
And hey when’s the wedding?

Cuz your clock’s been ticking
And dad’s been worrying 
Your hair is greying
Those things are gonna sag
My oh my this is just so sad

So stop being a tease
And tell me please?!

Who’s keeping you… from tying the knot
Is it you who’s running or 
Is he scared of the thought?

Who’s your man?
Your better half?
What’s in your head?
Who’s in your heart?

I wish you didn't ask
But now that you did
Would you love to meet
My muse, messiah and madness?
Because just a man is just too less

To make and break and make again
All that I was, will be and that I am
Forgive me for I am not your quintessential nice
And someone once said, variety is the spice of life

So meet my Muse
Oh what words, what verse do I use
To describe this fiend of a friend!
One who burns like flame and fades like snow
If only I could tell and you could dare to know
The things I wanna do, that no one ever did to you
Bring you to your knees, make you plead and beg for a release
Wrap you in my words and pin you down
Till I pen you down…
Over and over and over again
Till the crack of dawn
Lost in thoughts and devoid of sleep
Oh the words, the stories, the music 
The colours, the patterns, the magic
How they all come... together so beautifully
How just how, do you do this to me?
You my muse, you have done it again
From living in a dream to dreaming up a life 
You make me laugh, cry and write again
Rise and fall, and smile again
You make me take the stage again

Now meet my Messiah
The king of utopia
He can do it all, be it all, has it all
And still... and still he wants it all
With the fervor of a man
And the grace of a woman
He knows no freakin’ limit
Because he’s a free spirit 
A conqueror, adventurer
Oh you majestic trailblazer
Shine on me a little of that light
You see I normally don’t subscribe
To the left or the right, but in your tribe
I feel home, I feel right
And splendidly wrong 
And incredibly strong
To be where I belong

And finally… there’s my madness
The only one they see and who needs no address
The only one beside me and inside me
For he’s always been there
Through the dark and despair
In the silence and the rage
A fallen angel, he is no sage
Nor does he wish to be, 
Known for anything but brutal honesty, 
So like renegades, we fight and fornicate
We win and lose and try not to complicate
We are tired and torn, 
We have died and reborn
Dancing to one song, the wizards of word
Like always, it’s us against the world


That’s about it
So now ask me 
No wait tell me
I belong to what man?
You see I'm owned by none
For why should I and why the hell should one
Belong to her, belong to me 
Or belong to thee
Because you see...
I hope you can see...

All this belonging leads to longing
Bothering and smothering and hovering and hollering 
A hell lot of explaining
And then apologizing and wondering
Oh do I think too much, do I speak too much,
Am I too strong or am I weak too much?

So excuse me from your golden cage
Your goddamn rules of gender and age
It’s a happy place, to be on your own
And to be with the one who feels home
Who feels like a team on a winning spree
Who with me, can be… young, wild and free
Now that’s a rare kind and hard to find
So please don’t mind
Me minding my business
My muse, messiah and madness
I cruise ahead with my magical trinity
For together us four… we make infinity

No comments:

Post a Comment